Gemini The Twins
To see labels, touch the image with your mouse cursor.
Objects visible in this photo include:
- The seven named stars in Gemini: Castor, Pollux, Wasat, Mekbuda, Alhena, Propus, and Mebsuta.
- Open cluster M 35.
- Supernova remnant IC 443.
- Bright nebula NGC 2175 in Orion.
- Lower's Nebula (Sh2-261), another "bright" nebula in Orion.
- The large but faint Cone Nebula (NGC 2264) in Monoceros.
- The Rosette Nebula (NGC 2237) and its embedded open cluster NGC 2244. This object is also located in Monoceros.
Location: Troy, New Hampshire
Camera: Nikon FM2
Lens: 50mm f/1.4 lens at f/2.8
Film: Kodak Elite Chrome 200 slide film
Exposure: 8 minutes, tracked with motor-driven barn door camera mount.
«« more constellations